Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Canada and Across the Pond

The Passionate Genealogist

http://blog.familyhistorysearches.com/
Ruth Blair


I am The Passionate Genealogist and have been doing genealogy for over 40 years. I started young, had the chance to talk to the elder family members and collect information in the early days. The next step was to start filling in blanks with research. I have a diploma in Research Techniques from Sheridan College and Professional Learning Certificates in Genealogical Studies for Canada, Ireland and England from the National Institute for Genealogical Studies/University of Toronto. I was in the first graduating class from each certificate course.

Since I am a first generation Canadian most of my research is in Ireland, Scotland and England. I have done research at the National Archives of Ireland, the National Library of Ireland, the General Register Office and the Church of Ireland Representative Church Body Library in Dublin. In England I have been to the National Archives in Kew, the Society of Genealogists and the British Library in London, the Salford Local History Library near the University of Salford in Manchester and the Manchester Central Library.

In Canada I have done research at Library and Archives Canada, Archives of Ontario, Canadian War Museum, Toronto Reference Library, North York Public Library in the Canadiana Room and many local libraries, historical societies and museums.

A firm believer in supporting local genealogy societies and I belong to one in each area where my ancestors were from in Scotland, Ireland and England as well as supporting my local genealogy society.

I am a professional genealogist based in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. I write the Passionate Genealogist blog http://bit.ly/1gNjMVn and run the Blair Archival Research Facebook page (http://on.fb.me/1fz6bjZ) where you can find tips on research in Canada, Ireland, Scotland and England. I am just starting out on Twitter with the handle @PassionateGenea

See you in Richmond!

Ruth Blair, PLCGS
The Passionate Genealogist


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment